Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Remember the texture piece

I finally finished up the page I started a couple of days ago. People often ask me "how do you have time to scrapbook". I reply, "I don't have time, I find time". For starters, I got rid of my fancy scrapbooking room, downsized my supplies, and set up an area in our family room. This way, I can be with the family and sneak in a few minutes of crafty time here and there. I almost always have a project on on my work area. For example, this page took me 3 days to finish. I didn't sit down and do the entire thing in one sitting.

I often think of the next thing I want to add while I am doing something else. Blogging and computer time is always the last thing I do before crawling into bed and after Tyler and Emily are settled in.

Granted, a scrapbooking area in a family room may not appeal to everyone, but it works for us. Scrapbooking is much more a part of my life than the T.V. and we allow that to be in there, so why not the "crafty corner" as I like to call it. :)


I love the texture on the strips of Elemental paper! I used this months stamp of the month set for the date. At first, I wasn't crazy about this set. Now that I have used it on a page, I love the looks of it. The "cold" is from my favorite alpha set Posterboard.


Here is a little better angle for the texture and dimension. Love it!!!

2 comments: