Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Winning the Lottery?

The work week started with a whirlwind of hustle and bustle today.  Since I have a 40 minute commute to and from work, much of the drive is spent pondering layout ideas.  It seems that the car and shower are the two places my best ideas are thought of.  Weird, I know.

This morning, I was thinking "gosh, sure would have been nice to be one of the lottery winners, so I didn't have to do this today".  That's when it hit me, my next layout!!!

We rarely buy lottery tickets, in fact I can count on one hand how many I have bought.  But, like millions of others I bought one this past Friday.  $640 million!  Who wouldn't want to win that!   We spent Friday evening pondering what we would do with all that money!  Our many thoughts of course included paying off  debt, buying a new house, new cars, etc.  Then we had the lavish thoughts of traveling the world,  buying an airplane, me opening a scrapbook store and Zane opening a bait shop, all just for fun!  We talked about how we would randomly pay strangers utility bills, give our house to someone in need of one,  get my nephew the surgery he desperately needs and other random acts of kindness we could do to brighten someones day.

After all this thinking, we started thinking about how winning the lottery would effect our lives as we know it.  Since we live in a small town of 2000 people, we would need to relocate.  We would be afraid to have our kids walk to school because what if someone tried to steel them for ransom money.  Not that someone in our town would do such a thing, but you never know.   Money brings out the best and worst in people.  Living life with millions would not go unnoticed in our small town.  Suddenly, we would have all the snobby people wanting to be our friends.  The family we haven't had a connection with in years would suddenly want to be part of our lives, and it would be very hard for our kids to acquire "real" friends like they have now.   It would be difficult to maintain our content little life that we have worked so hard to achieve. 

So after all the debating, thinking and talking, I am relieved we didn't have the winning number.  We are thankful for what we have.  We have healthy kids, food, shelter, good friends and family.  We don't need millions, this would only create more headaches than we care to have. 

This sums up a future layout.  I wanted to put it on the blog, so I don't forget.

 To me scrapbooking is about journaling all these little things in life.  The things that make us who we are and the thoughts behind the pictures.  When someone looks at one of my pages, I want them to understand the story behind the pictures by the journaling without me having to sit next to them and explain the events on the page. Some pages hit this target, some do not. 

Lately, my journaling has been slacking, this post was a good reminder to get back to into telling the complete story.

Tomorrow when I go to work, I will be thankful I have a job and didn't win millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment