Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Embossing Plate

As promised, today is all about making a homemade embossing plate.

As soon as I seen this being done, I had to run out and pick up a deep cut Cricut blade. Thank you to my friend for sharing some perfect weight chipboard with me! Thanks Sue!

First, I designed a file on the Gypsy with hearts from the AP cartridge.

Then cut the design out of chipboard with your Cricut and Trim it down so it fits through your embossing machine. I cut mine 5 x 7.

Next layer the cuttlebug sandwich. (A plate, B plate, chipboard embossing plate, paper your embossing, rubber mat, B plate, and a shim or two for extra firmness) I only showed part of the layer in the picture, but you get the idea.

Here is what you get after running through the little green machine, AKA Threads in the Highland house.

Now isn't that awesome! Think of the possibilities! Before I had the deep cut blade, I made this embossing frame by cutting the image 4 times out of cardstock and layering them together to get the thickness of chipboard.

I used it on this picture from the Five and Feisty layout I showed you in a earlier post. I love how the embossed frame on the picture made the black and white picture look almost like metal. It's hard to see in the picture, but if you look around the picture you can see it.

After all Texture and layer is the name of my game:). Speaking of "game", Emily has her fist Volleyball game tomorrow! Crossing my fingers I can get out of work early, since I went in on my day off today. Here's hoping!

Happy Crafting!



8 comments:

  1. Leave it to you Angie to come up with such a wonderful idea! the stickle queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a gypsy, I wonder if you can do the same thing with the CCR? I never noticed the embossed frame on the Five and Fiesty LO before you showed this---it really does look cool!

    ReplyDelete