Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Bear encounter.

Back to vacation pages.... On our way down the mountain we had quite a boost of adreneline! Yup! This bear was one of 2 we seen. The first was a small one right of the trail that we walked right past. Tyler said very casually "there's a bear right there". Yikes! Then we walked upon this beauty. He / She was much larger and quite content nosing around the woods while we watched him for quite sometime. We finally had to walk within 15 feet of him to continue past him. Once he spotted us, he scurried to a tree and watched us pass.

As you can see from the picture of Emily on page 2, Emily was not happy about the situation. She was on the verge of petrified. She was quite upset I kept taking Mr. Bears picture.

Although we were quite scared, it was the highlight of the vacation. Something we will never forget, that is for sure!

2 pg. layout....


pg.1....

I stamped the pink "X" border around the large picture mat with the x stamp from the CTMH A Game set (A1113). Title is cut with Cricut, I think Gypsy Wanderings font. Edges of smaller pictures distressed with CTMH edge distresser.

pg. 2....

The journaling area stamped with the journaling block that comes with the you and me kit that is only available this month. LOVE this stamp. I haven't journaled yet because I need to think of the right words to express our anxiety and adventure. Is on my to do list.

close up...

I wanted to add a little dimension to this mostly picture layout. I had these nice little circles left from the punched border strips. Since the papers are double sided, I was able to flip them over and pop dot them to the border strips for a little added interest.

Only 1 piece of pattern paper was used on this page. Love double sided paper. 2 patterns for the price of 1!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so you were up super early or didn't go to bed. I'm so glad you shared this page layout. When I saw this at your house it looked as if you glitered the destressed edges did you?
    Poor Emily must have been so scared but what a thrill of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No glitter on the distressed edges. I was up at 9. The time must be wrong on my blog posts because I certainly was not up at 7:15 today :)

    ReplyDelete