Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Technique Tuesday - week #1

Drum Roll Please.......... As you know, one of my 2012 resolutions is to update the blog each and every day. I have decided to take it a step further and name Tuesday as Technique day. Every Tuesday I will try and show how to do something fun with your ink and paper.

Today is all about Masking. This is a very simple technique that is very effective. Masking is simply the process of covering either part of the stamp or part of the paper you are stamping on so only part of the image ends up on your artwork.

I am not very good at explaining, so hopefully the pictures help.

Step 1.
Stamp the image on a post it note, then trim around. I like to stamp it toward the top so I end up with post it adhesive on the image. Stick the trimmed image on your project where you want a "blank spot" the shape of the trimmed image.

Step 2.
Stamp the contrasting image over and around the trimmed image. Here I chose trees stamped in Gray Wool for a winter scene. Don't worry, it looks messy at this point.

Step 3.
Remove the "post it" note image.

Step 4.
Stamp the image you stamped on the post it note in the area that you masked off.

As you can see in yesterday's post, I chose to color the adorable little deer to really make him pop off the cardstock.

Here is a look at the complete Bundled Buddies set (C1472)







No comments:

Post a Comment