Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Good intentions......:)

I woke up this morning all ready to clean! I turned some music on, started the laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, swept the floor.....Then decided to clean out a "junk basket" that sits on the counter. All was moving along great until Zane and Tyler left for the night to a friends cabin for this weekends youth hunt, Emily went to stay the night with her friend Kylee..... Then it was just me and the housework. Blah! I thought gosh, the house is quiet, the coffee is brewing, I cannot possibly clean when I could be in the scraproom with uninterrupted creating! Off I went...... 9 hours later, the "junk" is still on the counter,
Photobucket
the wet clothes are still in the washer, and the shower still hasn't been cleaned. All is not lost though, I did clean up the scraproom (again), found some great ideas on the web, and finished the 2 LO's from the crop with the scrappy friends at the LSS last night. So all in all a very productive day, just not cleaning :) Now the coffee is brewing again, so I can scramble to get the cleaning finished. I can't have everyone coming home tomorrow thinking I scrapped the day away now can I?

Onto the good stuff, the pages I finished up..... I am determined to get Emily's sport album caught up, I think I only have 5 or 6 pages to go. Yeah! I am so happy to have used up some old paper from at least 4 years ago. I love mixing old stash with the new.....

This page is pretty basic supplies... just some PP, cardstock, chipboard, ink, and 1 stamp. Goes to show, you really can create with minimal supplies.
Photobucket
The stamped strips were stamped with this great border stamp from CTMH Delightful Things. I really like this set, and think I will use the corners on my next LO. (after the cleaning is done of course).
Photobucket
The second page I finished up, I used allot more product... The banner and baseballs I cut with Cricut Baseball solutions cartridge, The TEAM letters were cut out of left over packaging. I love doing this with the Cricut! Great transparent letters for FREE, and recycling what would otherwise be garbage. I stamped the design on the back of the letters to make them stand out a little. The faux stitching on the banner and around the page was done with the CTMH piercing tool and a white uniball pen. LOVE this technique, the look of stitching without hauling out the needle.
Photobucket
The tags on each side of the page for the players names, I used this AWESOME bracket stamp that came with the CTMH celebration kit.You can get this for free this month by purchasing $60 in stamp sets. The stamp is actually about 5 inches long, I just trimmed the paper to fit where I wanted them to go. Here is what the entire set looks like....
Photobucket
The other new items I added with the old stash of PP is the small American craft letter stickers. I just picked these up and they are a great bargain.... 7 pages of letters for $5. I also used the giant felt border from the CTMH heartfelt whimsy collection.
Photobucket
That was today's adventure, now off to finish cleaning up the "junk" I dumped on the counter hours ago!

If you would like to purchase any of the CTMH products used.... Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment