Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

being true to myself.....

I am sad to say my CTMH workshop did not go as well as I would have liked. I am blaming this on the economy, the weather was gorgeous outside, Sunday afternoon.... a day most people like to spend lounging the afternoon away at home. I am actually glad I did not have a big turnout because this gave me a good "practice run". I learned some things to do / not do and all in all was a good learning experience. Now, I will feel more confident the next time around. That is the plan anyways.

Last night, it felt so good to create something for me! Let my inner artist flow, the quiet of my scrap room.... this is why I love this hobby! I had a great big "Aaaah Ha" moment..... with the DT work I have been doing, and preparing projects to get my new endeaver off the ground, I have not been creating for me. I must stay true to my "style" and not be persuaded to ever let my hobby become a "job".... I will continue to do the DT work and pursue the CTMH consultant, but I will create my way while incorporating their products. If others like them great, if not great! The important thing is I enjoy what I create and never let anything stand in the way.

Here is the page I created, using a past kit from http://www.scrap-room.com/ featuring American Crafts Everyday paper line. Such fun summer colors!
Photobucket

When I talk about my "style".... it is all the little details. I don't care if a page takes 4 hours, I love adding the finishing touches that make the page mine :)
Here I used the CTMH postorboard alphabet to stamp the letters, cut them out, embossed them with the Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder, then added the white pen lines.

Photobucket

Buttons never look complete to me without some floss ran through them.... adds just the finishing touch I strive for....
Photobucket

The felt frame is CTMH felt embellishments, love them! This is the first time I have added stitching to felt. I really like the look and will definitely do it again and again.....

Photobucket

These little details all take time, but to me it is time well spent. It is like I have added my "signature". Anyways, the moral of my post is.... if you enjoy how you create, what you are creating then don't change a thing. Everyone has a different unique style and that is awesome! Just enjoy the process!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your CTMH workshop didn't go as planned.

    I adore this LO - the button treatment is especially charming.

    Great job - you really are one of my all-time favorite scrappers.

    ReplyDelete