Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Yay Water!

Still working on vacation pictures. I have about 20 pages to go until the album is finished. Normally I don't work on any specific thing for more than a page or two, but I am determined to finish this album.

One of the things I really wanted to do while in TN was go on a big hike. That we did! It seemed like we were the only ones sweating our tails off on the 5.2 mile hike through the mountains. Tyler and Emily were thrilled to cool off in the icy cold water of the little waterfall we came across.



The papers are by My Minds Eye So Sophie. For whatever reason I could not get this picture to stay cropped from Picassa to the blog.... Wierd!



After gluing and sewing all the little diamonds of pp on, I did not feel like gluing more letters, so I stamped the title with the CTMH Large Chocolate Alphabet (E1010). After stamping, the letters didn't stand out enough for me, so I outlined them with a white pen. This seemed to give them the "pop" that they needed. I didn't know where to put the "yay", so put it right on top.






I trimmed around a little of the foliage with an exacto knife to slide the journaling diecut into. This helped draw some attention to the journaling without having to go through the trouble of adding more embellishments. A super easy way to do this is to lay your shape on the paper, then trace it with a pencil. When you lift it off the paper you can easily see exactly how much and where you need to cut. Erase your pencil marks and Voila! Perfect fit! Using a glass mat as a cutting surface, makes it sooooo much easier.





The most time consuming part of this page was stitching the little tidbits cut out of pattern paper onto the page. I did this while riding in the car for two hours going to see family. I first glued them on with a little CTMH liquid glass (Z679), then poked the stitching holes, then hand stitched down the line. Once we got back home, I put a little stickles on the thread to give it a little glisten. Emily gave me this idea.:)






Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment