Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Extra Special Picture......

 

This LO is using a couple techniques from the CTMH Magic idea book (9034). I like to include some hidden elements on my pages from time to time. This idea book has a lot of great ways to add moving / hidden parts on your pages. Since the picture of Tyler didn't really match the papers, I decided to make it a pull out. Plus, it adds a little surprise and interest when looking through an album.
The banner title was stamped using the Pennant Alphabet stamp set (E1018). Love it!!!! Banners are all the rage right now. You can make a banner across your page with just about anything. Stars, circles, rectangles, sports balls, etc.....
 

The first hidden element is a pull out picture of Tyler. I used the CTMH canvas buttons for "the handle". These pictures are extra special for many reasons. I never knew what I looked like as a baby until I was 25. All or our baby pictures were burned by my moms lovely ex-husband. Nice huh! My Aunt found this picture in her stash of pictures and mailed it to me. I stared at it over and over when I received it. Then when I compared it to Tyler and Emily's baby pictures, I could not believe how much Tyler and I looked alike as newborns. Hmmmmm....... A little self psychology here.... maybe this is why I take so many pictures of my kids. LOL.
 

 

The second pull out is for some extra special journaling. I really wanted the page to focus on the pictures, so decided to tuck the sentimental journaling away.

The papers are from Graphic 45 Once upon a springtime line. Vanessa at The Scrapbook Nook in Ludington asked me to work with them. At first I had a hard time deciding what pictures to use, as soon as I came across my baby picture, the gears started turning. All you need is a little inspiration for a great creative day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment